Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom, a Vermont based telecommunications solutions provider, located in central Vermont, is seeking a qualified Telecommunications Lineman to join our team in Waitsfield. Responsibilities include a variety of duties related to the installation, operation, repair, and maintenance of telecommunications outside plant including fiber and copper cable and CATV.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Place aerial/buried telephone cable (copper and fiber) and CATV (coax);.
- Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles;
- Performs aerial tasks such as new cable installs, pole transfers, strand building, cable hanging, lashing, etc.
- Perform construction work such as digging holes, placing cable, air pipe and inner duct in various types of conduit systems and open excavations;
- Climb utility poles and/or use aerial lift truck to place cables on poles per system design;
- Ensures all installation work is done according to quality standards, always complying with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to WCVT or OSHA/VOSHA, whichever standard is higher.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
- Lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Requires frequent periods of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects and occasional periods of walking, sitting, standing, and crouching.
- Frequently exposed to varying environmental conditions due to outside working environment; must have ability to work in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions.
- Five or more years’ experience in telephony outside plant construction or related experience, which includes experience in the placement of telecommunications cable (copper and fiber) and CATV.
- Valid CDL Class A
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to setup and operate power tools, electronic testing equipment, and heavy equipment such as a bucket truck and backhoe.
- Ability to climb poles and work at heights up to and exceeding 40 feet.
- Ability to read and interpret construction prints, plans, and specifications.
No calls please, submit resume and a completed WCVT job application to:
Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 9, 3898 Main Street
Waitsfield, VT 05673
Fax: (802) 496-8342
WCVT’s job application can be found on our website www.wcvt.com under “Employment”.