Copper Valley Telecom is a progressive communications company offering a variety of services in the Prince William Sound & Copper River Basin regions of Alaska. We are currently seeking a Combination Technician to join our team. This position is based out of our Glennallen, Alaska office and is responsible for installation and repair of telephone plant facilities and of high-speed internet at customer premises. Selected applicant will maintain, expand, replace and repair all plant facilities and subscriber apparatus required to provide service to customers in this district.
• Perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of high-speed internet, and voice networks including associated wiring and equipment.
• Climb poles, use heavy equipment (backhoe, dozer, ext), use manual tools to excavate and bury cable; and may be required to work in confined spaces.
• Locate buried telephone cables.
• Assist other Technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested
• Actively support sales and marketing related activities.
• Education/experience of 4+ years beyond high school or 8000 hours of documented practical experience in cable splicing/I&R
• Ability to handle items and equipment up to 150 pounds
• Ability to work onsite at remote CVT facilities or proposed facilities in areas necessitating travel by foot, all terrain vehicles, pickup trucks, boats, and single engine aircraft in varying often extreme climatic conditions
• Basic electricity training/certification or documented equivalent work experience.
• POTS/DSL installation/repair, cable splicing/maintenance, basic transmissions, air pressure, and HSI installations
• Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
• Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
• Prior experience as a customer facing telecom operations technician
• ADSL installation/repair experience.
• A+/Net + Certified Required Soft Skills:
• FTTX experience.
Additional Information: This is a full time, hourly, non-exempt position with an outstanding benefit package which includes health, vision, and dental insurance, 401K matching, and a retirement program. CVT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. This position requires membership in the IBEW Local 1547 Union and satisfactory results of a background check and drug screen (including marijuana) prior to start date. A full job description may be viewed online at www.cvtc.org.
To apply, submit an application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be downloaded from www.cvtc.org. This position is open until filled and is based out of our Glennallen, AK office.
CVT will not open emails that contain only attachments or those with linked documents.
Please be sure to include pertinent information in your email.