The Warehouseman job duties include, but are not limited to, shipping and receiving of all tangible inventory and non-inventory equipment and materials, loading and off-loading deliveries, pulling and staging materials for daily service orders, trouble tickets, and construction projects. Enforces inventory controls and purchasing internal controls. Processes manual transactions, RMA’s, and conducts month end physical inventory count. Maintains a clean and safe work environment according to company safety policy.
The Warehouseman reports directly to the Inventory Accountant Supervisor.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform general warehouse operations and supports management by acting as first line of assistance to delivery carriers, internal and external customers, and Warehouse Associates.
• Operate forklift to offload freight deliveries and reels (Conduit/Copper Cable/Fiber).
• Load and unload reels onto the construction trucks.
• Unload trucks and check-in merchandise against Purchase Orders, credit card orders, package listings, etc.
• Ensure damaged products are reported properly.
• Receive and verify all incoming shipments.
• Ensure the two-way match process is completed on all incoming shipments.
• Responsible for receiving incoming shipments into proper systems.
• Responsible for inventory transactions.
• Process manual transactions for all inventory items through proper systems.
• Responsible for sorting and placing bar codes on incoming inventory items.
• Deliver incoming orders to the requesting departments.
• Responsible for pulling and scanning inventory items and placing them in the staging area.
• Process RMA’s for inventory items returned due to malfunction.
• Maintain inventory controls by ensuring employees adhere to the inventory process for issuing, and returning inventory items.
• Responsible for the month-end physical count. Researching variances and reconciling differences.
• Responsible for checking in and out tools, equipment and safety gear.
• Responsible for assisting with inventory replenishments and providing order list to the Inventory Accountant Supervisor for orders placed on a bi-weekly basis or as needed.
• Assist with picking up will call orders and propane refills.
• Prepare parcels for shipping via UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.
• Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; sweep, dust, and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
• Wear the proper safety equipment as required by the Company Safety Manual.
• Maintain and update the MSDS folder.
• Maintain forklift certification. Operate forklift in a safe manner at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
Note: This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. She/he will be required to follow any other instructions to perform any other duties as requested by her/his supervisor.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Familiarity with telephone company materials, supplies, and equipment.
• Knowledge of computerized purchasing and inventory control systems.
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Office Suite).
• Ability to research issues and resolve them in a timely fashion.
• Highly organized with special attention to details and deadlines; ability to work with frequent interruptions.
• Good basic math, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Exercise judgment and decision making; consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with company policy.
• Able and willing to continue business skill development.
• Work and contribute successfully within a culturally diverse work environment
• Consistently demonstrates a high degree of integrity, honesty, and accuracy.
• Ability and requirement to meet all deadlines with data and content accuracy at 100%.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
• Effectively communicate with co-workers, vendors and other business contacts in a
professional and courteous manner at all times.
• Ensure GRTI Employee Handbook is understood and followed in a consistent and respectful manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma (or GED/High School Equivalence Certificate) is required.
• One year prior experience in a warehouse environment or other related equivalent experience is desirable.
Forklift, Telephone, FAX, calculator, computer, monitor, printer, hardware and software packages, computer peripheral equipment i.e. mouse, keyboard; Microsoft Suite.
▪ Will be asked to provide 39 months driving record. Position requires insurability under GRTI insurer requirements.
▪ Will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and a background check.
As a matter of Company policy, all employment is on an at-will basis, meaning that employment shall last for so long as mutually agreeable. Either the employee or the Company may terminate the employment at any time with or without cause.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified enrolled Gila River Indian Community Members, other Indians, and non-Indian spouses of officially enrollment Community members in accordance with Tribal Employment Rights Office (T.E.R.O.) Ordinance (No. GR-02-09, Gila River Indian Community).
Gila River Telecommunications Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, subject to Indian Hiring Preference.