Range Telephone Cooperative, Inc is seeking an experienced IT Technician. The primary function of the position is desktop support, supporting employee workstations and local network connectivity.
Individual must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Windows, networking, as well as possess knowledge of computer hardware. Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, maintenance, and support of the organization’s network. Install, configure, maintain, and support the organization’s operating systems. Analyze and resolve problems associated with Windows server hardware, security, Windows workstations, networking, PC software, and SQL Server. Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems. Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to LAN/WAN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Install, configure, support and maintain organization’s Windows operating systems and software both local and remotely.
• Train users on correct operations and procedures.
• Support, monitor, test, troubleshoot network problems pertaining to LAN/WAN.
• Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot server hardware, workstations, and application software.
• Maintain and coordinate company Intranet.
• Serve as backup to Information Technology Systems Technician, AS/400 knowledge desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of computer operating systems including Windows and UNIX
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software
• Knowledge of LAN/WAN design
• Knowledge of Web technologies, technical languages, platforms and applications
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures
• Knowledge of company products and services
• Skill in programming
• Skill in designing and maintaining web sites
• Skill in operating network and peripheral equipment
• Skill in troubleshooting network, software, and hardware
• Skill in operating various equipment; i.e. personal computer, copier, fax machine and telephone system
• Skill in problem solving and resolution
• Skill in customer service; providing efficient and effective service to company employees
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions
• Ability to work with others as well as independently
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents
Education and Experience:
A degree in information technology or related field plus two years of work experience in software and hardware support preferred. However, any combination of education and experience equivalent to a degree in electronics, information technology, or related field.
Email resume and cover letter
Send resume and Cover letter to:
HR- Range Telephone
PO Box 812
Forsyth, MT 59327