Citizens Connected

New Auburn, Wis.

Area served: 191 square miles

Population: 1,482

Technical highlights: FTTH to 90% of homes, with the other 10% utilizing copper, with speeds of 25 Mbps and higher. 

Natural Resources

Citizens Connected’s service area is home to many lakes, forests and recreational opportunities. An all-weather camera at Lower Long Lake uses a broadband connection to monitor boats in an effort to keep invasive weeds and wildlife out of the lake. Additionally, nearby campgrounds are Wi-Fi enabled.